This mug is entirely artist made in North Carolina. It's created in collaboration with local Durham potter, Joe Sink. When I first saw Joe's pottery I knew his gorgeous work would be the perfect match for my botanical paintings and designs. I love how Joe's pottery designs are humble and feel like how the earth should feel in your hands but are also sleek and modern at the same time.
Joe says this about his pieces, "I almost exclusively use all North Carolina clay. I like knowing where the materials are coming from and more importantly the folks who are working to bring potters a great product that we can trust. It is special to me that the clay I am working with came from the same place I have called home my entire life."
This two-toned mug created by Joe is then fired in the kiln a third time with my Fall Hickory Leaves, which are based off real leaves I collected from around my studio. (You can see the very Hickory tree these leaves came from in the last image) There are leaves on both sides of the of the mug. The leaf design is as permanent as the pottery itself and will never scratch, peel or fade.
- This is a listing for 1 mug
- Mug is approx. 4.5" tall with 3" diameter. Each is handmade so sizes will vary.
- Perfect for all beverages
- Dishwasher Safe
- Pottery created by Joe Sink Pottery
- Fall Leaves design created and applied by Mary Elizabeth Arts
- 100% locally made in North Carolina, USA
- Yes, these can be personalized for your wedding or anniversary!
- The matching stemless wine cups pictured are sold separately in my shop here: https://www.maryelizabetharts.com/products/fall-leaf-handmade-pottery-cup-ceramic-stemless-wine-tumbler
COPYRIGHT © Mary Elizabeth Arts, LLC | All Rights Reserved