An original encaustic painting of a poppy field and dramatic sky.
I created this piece using hot beeswax that's mixed with resin and pigmented with oil paints. Using a brush I paint on the very thin layers of colored wax and then fuse the top layer into the bottom layer using a butane torch. The surface as the painting is shiny and waxy and is fabulous. It's luxurious, silky, rich. I have been a painter my whole life but only recently discovered working with encaustics and have fallen in love with this challenging medium. Encaustic art is among the oldest art form and is extremely archival. I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I enjoyed making it.
• Original encaustic painting
• Painted on birchwood cradle board that's 1 inch deep
• 18 x 24 inches
• Ready to hang as-is
• Created with beeswax + resin + oil paints
Make sure to follow me on Instagram or Facebook for private, exclusive sales, and be among the first to see new paintings, pottery, and glassware creations. Sign up for my newsletter to keep up with private sales.
• INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/maryelizabetharts/
• FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/MaryElizabethArts/
• NEWSLETTER http://eepurl.com/biy3LX
COPYRIGHT © Mary Elizabeth Arts, LLC: