The perfect gift of functional art for anyone who loves Irises.
This pressed iris mug is entirely artist made. It's created in collaboration with local potter, Joe Sink. When I first saw Joe's pottery I knew his gorgeous work would be the perfect match for my botanical paintings and designs. I love how Joe's pottery designs are humble and feel like how the earth should feel in your hands but are also sleek and modern at the same time.
Joe says this about his pieces, "I almost exclusively use all North Carolina clay. I like knowing where the materials are coming from and more importantly the folks who are working to bring potters a great product that we can trust. It is special to me that the clay I am working with came from the same place I have called home my entire life. "
This two-toned mug created by Joe, is then kiln-fired a third time with two pressed Irises I collected from my Mother's Garden. There is an iris on each side of the mug. The design is as permanent as the pottery itself and will never scratch or fade.
- Mugs are approx. 4.5" tall with 3" diameter
- Perfect for all beverages
- Dishwasher & microwave safe
- Pottery created by Joe Sink Pottery
- Pressed flowers from my Mother's garden
- 100% locally made in North Carolina
- Yes, these can be personalized for your wedding or anniversary!
- This design is also available on matching dishes. Please contact me for additional handmade Iris items.
Due to the nature of hand-made. Each mug is slightly different, but will be very similar to the images listed.
COPYRIGHT © Mary Elizabeth Arts, LLC | All Rights Reserved