The perfect gift of functional art for anyone who loves Irises.
This white iris tumbler is entirely artist made. It's created in collaboration with local potter, Joe Sink. When I first saw Joe's pottery I knew his gorgeous work would be the perfect match for my botanical paintings and designs. I love how Joe's pottery designs are humble and feel like how the earth should feel in your hands but are also sleek and modern at the same time.
Joe says this about his pieces, "I almost exclusively use all North Carolina clay. I like knowing where the materials are coming from and more importantly the folks who are working to bring potters a great product that we can trust. It is special to me that the clay I am working with came from the same place I have called home my entire life. "
This two-toned tumbler by Joe is then kiln-fired a third time with the pressed white Irises. There is an iris on each side of the tumbler. The sophisticated off-white flower against the white pottery glaze is so lovely in person. The design is as permanent as the pottery itself and will never scratch or fade.
- Tumblers are approx. 4.5" tall with 3" diameter
- Perfect for all beverages
- Dishwasher Safe
- Pottery created by Joe Sink Pottery
- Iris pressed by friend, Delores Crotts
- Decals applied by Mary Elizabeth Arts
- 100% locally made in North Carolina
- Yes, these can be personalized for your wedding or anniversary!
- This design is also available on a handmade mug as well as matching plates. Please contact me for additional handmade Iris items.
COPYRIGHT © Mary Elizabeth Arts, LLC | All Rights Reserved